My work background
My career is a combination of teaching, human resources / organizational development, sales, and marketing.
I’ve been coaching before I even knew that was a profession. I’ve always acted as a sort of internal consultant and coach to those I worked with whether that was formally part of my job or not.
I love learning and since I hate selling I decided to create ways to market myself in a big way.
I host the podcast, Let’s Talk Tech. It hit New & Noteworthy for all of iTunes in less than an hour after it’s official launch and remained in New & Noteworthy in three categories as well as overall for eight weeeks. It then moved into What’s Hot.
I launched a livestream show on Facebook. It’s called The Courageous Entrepreneur. I interview experts who have information that can help entrepreneurs overcome challenges that hold them back and I interview entrepreneurs with powerful stories of overcoming obstacles to create success on their terms.
I have over 16 years of experience in human resources designing and delivering training programs, working to change corporate culture and to bring everyone onto the same page and understanding their role — to support the growth and profitability of the business in their own way.
As a trainer and eventually as a director of HR I created dozens of courses and even taught others how to train their employees.
I spent several years working as a recruiter — putting my detective skills to work finding the best qualified candidates and working to reduce turnover. Eventually I moved into marketing where I became an award-winning copywriter and brand strategist.
While working for a startup brand design agency, I…
- uncovered, documented, and marketed the agency’s process
- created all the agency’s offline marketing materials and online expert platform
- developed, wrote, and managed the agency’s blog
- developed, wrote, and managed the agency’s newsletter
- planned and accomplished the agency’s search engine optimization (SEO) strategy and achieved the owner’s goals — including landing on page one of the SERPs (search engine results pages) for his targeted key terms
- developed and led the agency’s first teleseminar
- designed and wrote the agency’s first product – Brand in a Box for Ministries
- ghost wrote the owner’s column in a monthly trade publication
- wrote copy and created marketing and sales strategies for clients, including a sales kit that brought in $400,000 in new business in just 4 months for a local roofing and siding company. The kit went on to win a silver prize in the 2007 International Davey Awards
Some of the accomplishments my clients have had include:
- a newsletter publisher closed 4 out of 5 sales a week after working with me
- association leader who was able to inspire commitment from a sponsorship prospect less than 24 hours after working with me. She had “chased” the sponsor for two years prior to our work together.
- a real estate agent who credits me with turning her business around
- a 20% increase in sales two years in a row for a promotional products consultant
- clarity and confidence to communicate their message or move in a specific direction after being wracked with indecision and spending thousands of dollars and wasting many hours with other coaches
I work privately with clients and conduct group courses.
I coach entrepreneurs to position and pre-sell themselves as the unique, trusted advisers they are and I also coach them as they…
write their books, helping them strategically plan the content, decide on engagement elements and calls to action
create, launch, and promote their podcasts
develop courses and repurpose their content
work to recognize and break free from their patterns of the past and create new, more effective patterns to achieve the success they dream of
When I’m not writing, researching, or working on a project I dote on my rescue cats Posey, Dexter, and Teddy; watch Shark Tank and Forensic Files, and spend time with my husband Lou.
At this point, you might want to investigate whether we’d be a good fit and learn more about the work I do. So just click here and visit my Services page…
“My mind…rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere. I crave mental exaltation. That is why I have chosen my own particular profession,—or rather created it, for I am the only one in the world.”